Marian Hope Academy Christian School for Creative Learning is a small Christian school offering personalized education with a classical and Christian foundation.
What sets Marian Hope Academy apart from traditional schools?
- Jesus is number one!
- Each student is looked at as an individual created by a loving God with a plan and purpose
- No two students are the same; teachers nurture strengths while building up weaknesses
- Focus on building up strong, life-long learners, problem solvers and critical thinkers
- Implementation of researched-based and developmentally appropriate educational practices
- Multi-sensory learning
- Project-based learning
- Problem-based learning
- Child-led creativity and innovation
- Opportunities for planning and execution of ideas
- Failure is seen as a learning opportunity
- Positive feedback and affirmation
- Low-tech elementary; students learn cursive and read from books, not computers
- Student-led discussions that lead to deeper thinking, reasoning, analyzing and debating
- Students teach newly learned concepts to peers
- Structured tools and strategies for building strong readers and writers
- Classic and content-rich literature studies
- Advanced class options for those who qualify
- Modified class options for those who need extra supports
The benefits of choosing Marian Hope Academy are demonstrated in accelerated student progress as well as long-term character development.
I cannot put a price on any child’s emotional well-being. She is happy. She is confident. She feels she has purpose.
I used to think I was dumb. Then I came to Marian Hope and found out that I just learn differently and that is not a bad thing.
~ MHA Student, age 15
We believe education is more than checking off a list of standards or teaching students to score high on achievement tests. Learning is a process and for each child, that process looks different. Each child is a child of God with distinct learning styles, passions, and strengths.
~ Angie Knight, co-founder of Marian Hope